Monday, October 1, 2007

FO: Foliage: Lime, Version One

I'm behind on my blogging my FOs. The Stash and Burn One Skein Contest ended yesterday. I'll never get all four left done tonight, but I can at least do one.

Yes, I made another Foliage from Knitty, and it's another Version One (the chunky version.) I used the Plymouth Baby Alpaca Grande in color 1310 and US 10.5 needles. I bought that yarn at the Knit n' Knibble in Tampa when I lived in Florida. It was the big spring sale, and I bought two skeins to give to my Mom for her birthday, and one skein for myself. They asked what I was going to do with just one skein. I said "probably a hat." I knit this with yarn to spare.

I don't remember how long it took. It's been more than a week of one skein projects since I made it. No more than two days. I plan to make more of these. I think it'll be one of the great Christmas gifts of 2007.

I like this one, but not quite as much as the first one. I think the Malabrigo made the stitches a little crisper and gave it more stretch. Also, the subtle semi-solids added a nice touch.

I'll be making more of these for gifts. I want at least two more in Malabrigo Chunky, probably in jewel tones. I have a decent amount left over after each one, and I want to combine the leftovers for a striped scarf.

I think this one was a little bigger than the first one, but the stitch pattern has a bit of stretch, so I'm sure it will be fine.


And yes, to whoever receives this hat, my hair was clean when I tried it on.

PS - Anyone noticed that some of the "Plymouth" yarns in Ravelry have been changed to "Indiecta"? Apparently Indiecta is the distributor, but I think everyone still calls it Plymouth. I hope they'll change it back.

No comments: