Sunday, May 8, 2011

FO: Baby Surprise Jacket

FO: Baby Surprise Jacket

I actually finished my Baby Surprise Jacket almost a month ago, but I had trouble finding a model, then I was just busy blogging about other stuff. I don't see any babies on a regular basis these days. So I made do with this stuffed gorilla that I found on stuffed in a closet.


FO: Baby Surprise Jacket

He's no Poncho Pig. But Poncho Pig is living in storage right now, and even if he was here, his arms don't move away from his body. In fact, they don't move at all.


FO: Baby Surprise Jacket

I used US Size 2 needles and Baby Bee Sweet Delight yarn in "Crayons Ombre" (115). I found the buttons with Mom's sewing stuff. I hope I placed them correctly. It looks like they're making the jacket gap in this picture.


FO: Baby Surprise Jacket
Elizabeth Zimmerman recommends putting button holes on both sides and sewing buttons on the proper side depending on the gender of the baby once the baby is born. Since I will probably donate this to charity, I sewed them on the right side. Today it's more acceptable for women to wear buttons on the right side rather than it is for men to wear buttons on the left side.


FO: Baby Surprise Jacket
Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. I'm accepting suggestions for where to donate it. It's about the size a one-year old would wear. (According to Elizabeth Zimmerman, that's what you get when you knit a five stitches per inch gauge.)


FO: Baby Surprise Jacket
If you haven't made your own Baby Surprise Jacket yet, you can buy the pattern here. It's essentially a garter stitch rectangle that folds into a cardigan. It's easy and baffling at same time. It will blow your mind.


FO: Baby Surprise Jacket

All my Baby Surprise Jacket pictures are here, and all my Baby Surprise Jacket blog entries are here.

1 comment:

kids tops said...

Knitted jackets are softer which fits for baby's skin.