Saturday, August 30, 2008

Early FO: Night Shirt with Crochet Trim

Early <span class=

Later on I'll have pics from The Knitting Nest and my Big Baby Scarf, now frogged and restarted. But first, I found another Early FO at my parent's house tonight that I want to share.

Early <span class=

You have to look closely to see the crochet. I debated counting it as a crochet FO at all, but I think it's an idea worth sharing.

Early <span class=

Around the eighth or ninth grade, I got a set of ten white XXL shirts from Sam's with the idea of decorating all of them. I think this is the only one I actually decorated.

Early <span class=

It took me a while to figure out how I did it. It looks like I (or maybe my Mom) went around the sleeves and bottom with the zig zag stitch on the sewing machine. I crocheted into the sewn stitches with a steel hook (I'm not sure which size) and white crochet thread.

Early <span class=

After crocheting the trim, I added a bow, and then my parents helped me dye the whole thing with Rit Dye. It's a little discolored now. I wore it to bed a lot, and it got washed a lot. (Rit Dye isn't exactly the highest quality stuff anyway.)

Now it doesn't fit me (or at least not loosely enough to be a comfy night shirt), and it'll probably go in the garage sale pile. But I did want to document it first.

Parting Shot

Mom's Spice Drawer

I thought I'd post a picture of Mom's spice drawer in the kitchen. She recently organized it and put labels on top of the spices to make things easier to find. It's one of life's little victories. Like organizing your knitting bag before a plane trip.

1 comment:

SpinalCat said...

Ooh, what a great idea for spice organization!