Monday, August 11, 2008

FO: Chunky Striped Scarf

<span class=

This is my first FO for the 2008 Ravelympics! It's an entry in the "WIP Wrestling" event.

This is the Noro Striped Scarf knit using Noro Silk Garden Chunky in Colorways 1 and 5 and US Size 7 needles. I cast on less stitches than the pattern calls for because the yarn is so chunky.

It took about 2 skeins of each colorway. (I have about a half a skein left of each color.) I got the yarn when I visited Wildfiber in California.

<span class=

Blocking really made a difference. It's not curly anymore. It probably would have been less of an issue if I had not slipped the first stitch of every row, or if I had been more careful with my tension when I did slip stitches.

<span class=

This scarf will be Christmas gift, although I'm not sure who the lucky recipient is yet.

No comments: