Saturday, May 9, 2009

Blog Bits Saturday

It's Saturday, and it's time for Blog Bits.

At Grumperina goes to local yarn shops and Home Depot, I discovered that I'm not the only one who is blocking potholders. (Later on, she talks to a crochet expert, and makes me question my potholders.)

Have you visited Attic 24? If not, go there now. Lucy's Thursday was so much better than mine.

At a A Day Late and a Dollar Short I read that there is a aale at SuperCrafty.com right now, and you can get a free shipping code on the blog.

The Fatosphere has nothing to do with knitting, but Mary's take on Kirstie Alley's weight gain is worth pointing out. I don't know if I agree with everything, but I feel like Kirstie Alley sold out. Fat Actress was a brilliant look at the insanity of chasing thinness, but then she went straight to Jenny Craig to get thin after it was over.

Thanks to One Scheme of Happiness for pointing us to the Swine-Flu Masque over at Splendor.

I want Ysolda's life. *Sigh* Go check out the video of her and Olga comparing knitting styles.

Finally, go read Verses Scrawled on the Back of an Old Ball Band, Found Abandoned on a Street Corner in Nantucket at The Pantopticon. Nice work, Franklin. (I suspect the title is some poetry reference that I'm missing.)

No comments: