Thursday, May 7, 2009

Yarn (Store) Pr0n: Unwind

Unwind

So here's the deal.

On my last trip to California, I visited Unwind. And it was awesome.

And somehow I never blogged about it. Until now.

It's been a while since the trip, but I wanted to give the shop it's proper review. I don't remember as many details as I'd like, but I wanted to at least share the pictures.

The great wall of Lorna's Laces

The Knitting Nest has a wall of Cascade, Wildfiber has a wall of Koigu, and Unwind has a wall of Lorna's Laces. (I'm pretty sure this is all Shepherd Sock.) So pretty. I was tempted to buy some, but I decided I had enough Shepherd Sock in my stash.

Silk and Cashmere Blends

Also, I drooled (but not literally) over this basket filled with cashmere and silk blends. The owners at unwind did a great job of combining yarns in the shop. (Like the Berroco yarns.)

Cherry Tree Hill Limited Edition Sept 2008 - Burnished Berry

I did buy a skein of this. This is Cherry Tree Hill Limited Edition sock yarn for September 2008. The colorway is "Burnished Berry." Yummy.

Unwinding at Unwind

There was a friendly group of knitters gathered at the shop. You could tell they were regulars. I wish I remembered their names.

P5210018

The dog was also a regular.

Getting my yarn wound at Unwind

I was impressed by the ball winder. It's unlike any other I've seen. (See it in action here.)

Yarn Selection from Unwind

The details have faded, but the yarn remains. You can see what I bought in detail here.

All my pictures from Unwind are here. I wish I had posted this sooner, but it feels good knowing I did it. If you are a regular at Unwind, please leave a comment and tell us more.

No comments: