Tuesday, January 27, 2009

"Winter Mix"

humorous pictures
more animals

Central Texas is under a winter storm warning right now. If you're not from the area, you should know that we don't handle ice, sleet and snow very well. We normally react to this kind of weather by staying home and off the roads.

At my job handles these situations by doing whatever AISD decides to do. This conveniently puts the decision on the school district.

Of course, it doesn't seem like AISD has gotten the message that the storm warning lasts until 11 a.m. tomorrow.

According to the AISD website:
"It is the Austin School District's intention to begin all classes at their regular start times on Wednesday morning, January 28. District officials will closely monitor the local weather situation throughout the evening and early morning hours. The District will take action, if necessary, as appropriate."
The local news said they district would make a final decision at 6 a.m. tomorrow. Can't we get one by midnight? I'd rather not wake up early, if I can help it.

The news has also been trying to cover all aspects of the winter storms. You know who else has to be out in the freezing weather? News crews who trying to squeeze every drop out of "the big story."

<span class=

Last night's lasagna was pretty disappointing. I don't blame the recipe. I made a few mistakes.

First, I used cheap sauce in a can, not a jar. It was free with a combo. It was just...off. My parents bought the same combo, but with meat flavored sauce, and it was better than this. (But not great.) I bought the four-cheese sauce.

Also, I substituted cottage cheese for ricotta cheese. It works great when Mom does it. However, I remembered later that Mom adds an egg. (I think.)

Finally, I got the "oven ready" noodles, because the recipe doesn't require you to boil them ahead of time, and I was afraid they'd be hard. They were soggy.

It's not awful, and I do need to eat the rest of it. The leftovers were a little better because I put a bunch of extra shredded cheese on top.

I'm going to heat up a frozen pizza now.



No comments: