Thursday, January 1, 2009

FO: Tychus

Cross posted at Sally Comes Unraveled and Year Long Gift-A-Long.

<span class=

Keep your fingers crossed that this will fit an eleven year-old boy. It may be a little small on me, but I have a big head.

<span class=

This is Tychus, the first FO of 2009. I just finished it a little while ago. Before I seamed it up, it looked like this:

<span class=

I had a big debate whether to do 4 sections or five, since I'm making it for a small head. I decided to go with 5, since the gauge is smaller than suggested. My gauge is approximately 32 rows and 18 stitches per 4 inches. The pattern suggests 15 stitches and 28 rows per 4 inches.

<span class=

You can also see that the seam is a little wonky. I had to fudge a couple of stitches. Even if the seam is perfect, I don't think there is a way to avoid a obvious seam.

<span class=

It's also pointier than I prefer. Maybe the recipient can stretch it out.

<span class=

To recap, I used a little more than half a skein each of Cascade Greenland in colors 3510 (blue) and 3523 (green.) This was some of the yarn I bought at Wildfiber. I used only one strand, not two as suggested by the pattern. I also used US Size 6 needles from my Boye Needlemaster.

No comments: