Thursday, July 26, 2007

"Knitnapping" - Now this is just sad...

I got this e-mail from Hill Country Weavers this evening:

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS BEAUTIFUL HANDKNIT SHAWL??

Well we haven't either and we need your help. Sadly over the last few years many of our handknitted samples have gone A.W.O.L., M.I.A., hasta la vista baby or basically STOLEN.

WE NEED YOUR HELP, so we are appealing to our HCW friends to help us by keeping an EYE out for any KNITNAPPING! In additional to this we ask that you begin using the FRONT ENTRANCE to the store as we will be keeping the side entrance locked. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Now that's just sad. I sincerely hope people aren't actually stealing, and that it's just a misunderstanding.

And I must remember to use the front door next time. (I always use the side.)

No comments: