Wednesday, January 16, 2008

FO: Dad's Knucks

Several months ago, inspired by an episode of the Stash and Burn podcast, I asked for requests for knitted gifts. After suggesting that I knit him a car cover, he asked for fingerless gloves.

On Christmas, I delivered.

This was my third pair of Knitty's Knucks. This time I used Knit Picks Swish DK in Cinnamon and US size 2 needles. Also, this was my first pair with no embroidery.

This was my first pair of large Knucks. I think I made the distance between the thumb joint and knuckles too long.

However, Dad likes them. He wears them when he goes walking in cold weather. When I was talking about how I did at the Fiber Friends Festival, Dad I said I should sell some of these. I can't sell Knucks because it's not my pattern, but handwarmers in general are a definite possibility.

Mission accomplished.

1 comment:

Pam said...

A car cover?!? Cheeky.

Those knucks are so cozy looking.