Wednesday, January 16, 2008

FO: Improvised Gift Card Holder

I crocheted this in less than an hour.

Seriously.

My friend Ross had his birthday on December 1. All he wanted was Target gift cards. His goal was to get enough gift cards together to buy a Nintendo Wii.

But I had the urge to make something. And I was short on time.

So I pulled some Lion Brand Wool Ease in Denim Twist and some Yarn Bee Gilt Eyelash in blue (the Hobby Lobby brand) out of my stash, grabbed a crochet hook (I'm not sure what size) and went at it.

Basically, I double crocheted a rectangle, slipped stitch up the sides, and single crochet the eyelash yarn around the top. The whole time, I measured against the gift card as I went along. (FYI - The gift card doubled as a flashlight, so it was larger than average.)

I managed to get to dinner on time, and still prove once again that there is a time and place for eyelash yarn.

I need to ask Ross if he got his Wii yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was looking for ideas on how to pattern a crocheted gc holder tht didn't look like a purse. Love your pattern! Thnx 4 posting this!