Wednesday, January 30, 2008

WIP: Yellow Hat

Cross posted at Sally Comes Unraveled and Year Long Gift-A-Long.

Maybe it's crazy to start my January project for the Year Long Gift-A-Long on January 30, but I think I'm going to make it.

As I said before, these two yarns were dying to go together. I double stranded the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Astrakhan for the edging by using both ends of the ball at the same time. I'm not real fond of knitting with the Astrakhan. I can't quite put my finger on the reason why. It doesn't really split or tangle. It just doesn't feel good on the needles. But I like the way it looks. And as always, Cashmerino Superchunky is awesome.
Tonight at Bluebonnet Yarn Shoppe, Katie said it looked like a Winnie the Pooh hat. Then she said "your hat looks like Pooh" before she realized what she was saying. She said I should add little Pooh Bear ears. I think I'll have a plenty leftover to make a baby hat with ears, but for now, I'll stick with the basics.

My only concern is the size. I swatched a little bit, but I wasn't very careful about measuring. I just estimated and cast on. I hope it's not too big. It seemed ok on the Styrofoam head at Bluebonnet.

In other news, I just talked to Jules. It's cold in LA and he is wearing his socks right now.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

It IS (Winnie the) Pooh-ish! How cute!