Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Scarves are awesome

I was filling out my questionnaire for round three of the Hand Dyed Yarn Swap, and this question made me think.
If you had to pick only one type of item to knit for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Only one thing? Sounds depressing.

I thought about it. Socks? Nah. Hats? Nah. Sweaters? They take too long. I need some instant gratification thrown in there.

Then it came to me. Scarves.

I really love scarves. You don't really need them in Texas, but they're like blank palettes for whatever yarn, stitch, pattern or chart you want to try. I like to design scarves because you can do all sorts of stuff.

Scarves are awesome.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Ah, but I think we do need scarves in Texas! And not just lately in this disturbing clump of wet 35-degree weater days. Scarves are delightful, easily removed, a phenomal excuse to brighten up an outfit, and an affordable purchase the yarn-shopper. We need them every bit as much as the Canadians. :)