Friday, January 18, 2008

Knitters Scavenger Hunt Questionnaire

I now present my questionnaire for the Knitters Scavenger Hunt. I pick my swaps carefully to avoid getting overwhelmed. I liked the theme for this one. I'll have fun picking out "something local."

As of this writing, there are five spots left. If you want to sign up, you better hurry.

On with the questionnaire:

1) Do you knit, crochet or both? How long have you been doing it?

I learned both around age 9, in the third grade. There was a long break where I didn't do much of either. I crocheted here and there. Then I picked it up seriously again in early 2005.

2) What is on your needles/hook right now?

Back to Basics Socks

3) What is the most frequently used tool in your knitting bag?

besides the knitting itself, probably the row counters I use.

4) What are your 3 favorite yarns (fiber type or brand)? What are your 3 least favorite?

As of now my favorites are:
Berroco Ultra Alpaca
Hill Country Yarns Instant Gratification Sock Yarn
Misti Alpaca Chunky

There's none I really dislike, but some least favorites are:

Yarns with lots of Mohair (I can deal with a little)
Eyelash Yarn (I'm over it for now.)
Boucle Yarn (what do you do with it, other than garter stitch?)

5) What is your favorite color?

blues and purples or Rainbow Colors

6) If you had a 5 minute shopping spree in your LYS, how would you plan your attack?

Depending on which LYS (I frequent four of them), I'd get some lace weight, hand dyed sock yarn, Ultra Alpaca and a sweater's worth of something nice.

7) What is your favorite FO and why? (post a pic if you have it!)













My Cherry Bomb tank. I can actually wear it!


8) What are your favorite things to knit/crochet?

Smaller things and my own designs. (I spend more time on hats, socks, scarves, etc than on entire garments.)

9) Do you collect anything?

Yarn? (Also My Little Ponies)

10) What are your five favorite things (not necessarily knitting related)?

The first that come to mind:

My Boyfriend
Long Baths
Pizza
The J-Walk Blog
Comedy Central

11) Are you on Ravelry? What is your ID?

I'm sallyunraveled on Ravelry.

12) Do you drink tea/coffee/cocoa?

Tea and cocoa, but never coffee

13) Favorite Sweets?

Umm...all of them? Right now I could go for some ice cream.

14) Any allergies?

None that should affect the swap.

15) Do you have pets? kids?

Just Bunny Foo-Foo













I need to take some more recent pictures of her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sally - Your blog already allows anonymous posts :) You're all set!

Carly
Your Scaventer Hunt Hostess!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sally! I look forward to "finding" items for the scavenger hunt for you. Looks like we both like some of the same yarn.