Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Yarn Pr0n: The Yarn Swap

The Meetup yarn swap was a week and a half ago. Isn't it about time I blogged about it?

I looked forward to it all week. I'm not going to post pictures of all the yarn I brought, but I will link to them. I brought Red Heart Symphony, Paton's Divine, Patons Fresco, Lion Boucle, Caron Jewel Box and Bernat Boa.

Some of my yarn ended up going to charity. I'm glad to contribute, but I felt bad that no one wanted it. However, the Patons Fresco was the very first pick.











This was what I ended up with.

The purple and brown yarns are both Moda Dea Dream, one of my favorite synthetics.

The white and black (or charcoal?) is Jo-Ann Sensations Angel Hair. I may have mentioned before, it's one of my favorite yarns ever. I don't care if it's a craft store yarn.

The brown ball on the bottom right is a "magic ball" from Bluebonnet Yarn Shoppe. It consists of several different yarns tied together for a striped effect.

And there were books, of course. I found out later that I could have borrowed Crocheted Socks from my Mom, but now I have my own copy. It's something I'd like to try. New Directions in Knitting has some interesting constructions, although the patterns themselves are a little too 80s for me. (Despite the fact the book is copyrighted 2003.) I'll probably use it for inspiration.

We did things a little differently than last year. Last year we swapped skein by skein. This year, we did it in lots. Lynn organized everything. Here she is assigning numbers.

Overall, I was pretty happy. I downsized, which was a good thing, and I got more of some of my favorite yarns. I really would have liked to snag some of the Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece, but all is fair in yarn and war.

(I'm so clever.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

Have fun with the crochet sock book!