This week's swatching is kind of sparse, but a lot of fun.
In case you're tuning in late, yesterday I managed to get my hands on a sample of Artfibers Kyoto. Tonight I knit it up.
I used aluminum US Size 7 needles from my Boye Needlemaster set. The swatch is unwashed and unblocked.
The stitches aren't completely even, which is the nature of the yarn, so the gauge varied a little. I'd say it averages out to 9 stitches per 2 inches and 6 rows per inch.
Yesterday I was under the impression that Kyoto was 50% Silk and 50% Merino. I was wrong. I think I was thinking of Ming. Kyoto is 69% Silk, 25% Superkid Mohair and 6% "Extrafine" Wool. However, I think I was right about the plies. The silk is definitely the larger ply. The other ply seems to consist of two plies in itself - one wool and one mohair.
Normally, I think of mohair as "the devil's fiber," because it feels soft to the touch, but it's always itchy when you wear it. I may make an exception if I ever get my hands on some more Kyoto.