Sunday, March 30, 2008

Swatching Sunday: A Variation on Basket Weave

Last Thursday I checked out The New Knitting Stitch Library from the library. Tonight I took one of the stitches for a test drive.

The stitches in the book don't have names. This one is stitch number 16. It seems to be some sort of variation on the basket weave stitch. I thought it had potential for my precious Silk Cotton. However, I wasn't real thrilled with the back. This is what the "wrong" side looks like:

I want something reversible for the Silk Cotton. Still, it has potential for other projects. It looks good with variegated yarn, and it lays flat.

I used US size 5 aluminum needles from my Boye Needlemaster and cheap acrylic from my stash. This swatch is unwashed and unblocked.

I don't know. Maybe the reverse side looks ok. It might grow on me.

No comments: