Monday, March 3, 2008

Undecided and Stuff

The Texas Primary crept up on me. For some reason I had March 5 in my mind as election day. Then someone at work pointed out to me that the election is always on a Tuesday. This really sucks because I'm still undecided. The way I see it, I need to do some research tonight. I just got the e-mail from Lyndsey explaining why Hillary Clinton ruined health care. I also asked the advice of a family friend is a committed Obama supporter. He said Obama has given him new hope for America. I also have some bookmarked articles to read, and I want to check out the League of Women Voters to find out about all the other races. It's like a test I forgot to study for.

Stuff


Today on the J-Walk Blog I found this column about tolerance for stuff. I think it makes a powerful argument that slobs like me are born, not made.

I also found this video of George Carlin talking about stuff. The part I related to the most was the part about other people's stuff. When I lived at home last year, I was constantly told to clean "my" room, to which I responded "how?" I gave up "my" room sometime in college. It's more of a guest room that I can stay in. The shelves, the drawers, the closets and all the other storage space is filled with stuff that's not mine. And trying to arrange my stuff on the floor was a futile effort.

March 20 is Sweater Day


I was wasting time on Mental Floss today and found this entry on Mr. Rogers. Number 15 surprised me:

15. The sweaters. Every one of the cardigans he wore on the show had been hand-knit by his mother.

I always thought they were store bought sweaters. I'm going to take a closer look now.

I searched Ravelry and didn't find a specific Mr. Roger's sweater pattern, but I did find a group dedicated to Sweater Day. On March 20, everyone is encouraged to wear a sweater in honor of Mr. Rogers.

Parting Shot


I think it's time for a spinning update. My spun yarn is still on the Niddy Noddy. In this picture, the oldest yarn is at the top and the most recent yarn is at the bottom. It's hard to tell, but it's gotten smoother. Also, I'm doing a lot less park and draft and a lot more actual spinning.

No comments: