Monday, April 28, 2008

FO: Single Skeins Scarf

On Thursday I said I hoped to finish my Single Skeins Scarf by Sunday. My plans were derailed when I left this project, along with the rest of my WIPs, at my parents' house on Saturday.

But tonight I stopped by my parents' house on the way to the The Knitting Nest and picked it up. When I arrived, I borrowed some tape measure to see how close I was to 45 inches. (My friend from church, who commissioned the scarves and provided the yarn, said 45 inches was a good length.) It turns out I had already gone a little over 45 inches. I bound off using the bind off Titianknitter taught me a couple of weeks ago. (Hopefully I'll find a tutorial later.)

I used wooden knitting needles in US size 17 and three different skeins of eyelash yarn, Jo-Ann Sensations Cello Yarn in Jewel Tone, Jo-Ann Sensations Persian in Jewel Multi and Patons Cha Cha in Salsa. I may have enough left of each skein to make another one. I'm going to have to do some math first.

Holding all three strands together, I cast on eight stitches, knit until it was the desired length and bound off.

The scarf seems to want to grow, so it's a good thing it's a little on the short side.

And while I wouldn't work with them all the time, some instant gratification knitting on giant needles is nice every now and then.

No comments: