Thursday, April 24, 2008

WIP Time

I finally have some projects going.

True to what I said yesterday, I finally cast on my first Clapotis last night. I'm using size 4 needles from my Boye Needlemaster and SWTC Oasis in "Purplexed."

I bought this yarn all the way back at the The Knit n' Knibble in Florida. I was going to knit a lacy poncho. But something about the fat needles I was using with the relatively thin yarn, not to mention my doubts about the size and style, led me to frog it.

So it's been waiting patiently in my stash, traveling halfway across the country in the process.

A while back I found this Doppelganger Clapotis on Ravelry. It was made with the exact same yarn, color and amount that I had in my stash. I feel a little weird making a twin Clapotis, but it was just too perfect.

So far I'm enjoying it, even though I haven't gotten to drop any stitches yet. I'm realizing this yarn is closer to worsted than I thought. It would make a great summer top.

Oh, and I've been accepted to the Knit -A-Long. I'll probably be set up by this weekend.

I've dubbed this the Single Skeins Scarf. Yes, skeins is plural. This is for the same friend from church who asked me to knit the fun fur scarves. She gave me several skeins of yarn and asked me to knit scarves until it was gone. I only had single skeins of the remaining yarn, so I'm holding all three strands together with US size 17 needles.

Hopefully I can finish this scarf before Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is going to be a beautiful Clapotis. I have yet to knit one myself.:-)

Heidi