One of these things is not like the other... What do you think, Cookie Monster?
I really thought I'd have an FO post of my Wickerware Socks tonight, but something went horribly wrong.
Somehow, I managed to do the Kitchener Stitch backwards.
The last couple of stitches always seem to be wonky when I Kitchener Stitch. So I decided to consult the TECHknitting blog for advice. I didn't find out about the last stitches, but I did find this tutorial on how to do the Kitchener Stitch without a tapestry needle. I tried it, and something went wrong.
I guess I shouldn't have tried to fix what wasn't broken. (I ended up switching to a tapestry needle halfway through anyway. It was faster with a tapestry needle, although I think this technique is good to know for when I don't have a tapestry needle.) Other than those last couple of stitches, my Kitchener Stitch is fine. The first sock was fine.
My next challenge is figuring out how to un-Kitchener Stitch. For tonight, this project goes in timeout.