Thursday, September 4, 2008

Labor Day Party at The Knitting Nest

Babies!

It's time to party!

Last Saturday there was a Labor Day Ravelry Party at The Knitting Nest. I'm just now getting around to posting.


The first thing I did when I got there was wind some yarn. They have a new ball winder, and it feels good. Nice and smooth.

Winding yarn

After I wound some yarn, I wound some more yarn. Stacy has a yarn meter set up, and I wanted to see how much yardage was left of my handspun after knitting my hat.

141 feet

There are 141 feet, or 47 yards, of handspun left.

The Knitting Nest had more yarn and fiber from Stephanie and some Queensland Collection Rustic Tweed. But this is what I was the most excited about.

<span class=

Malabrigo Chunky! I love this yarn.

<span class=

I had to spread out all the colors to help me decide. If I remember correctly, the colors are (left to right) Brillante, Emerald Blue, Verdes, Little Lovely, Violetas and Bobby Blue. I ended up getting two skeins of Brillante and two skeins of Verdes.

You can see all my pictures from the party on Flickr.

No comments: