Friday, February 8, 2008

Shopping List

Well, I didn't win the 1980s contest at work. If I had planned ahead my capri pants (the closest thing I have to leggings) would have been clean and I would have been able to find my "Ked-like" shoes. Also, my shirt was a little too tight for the tie on the side, I couldn't find the proper slouchy socks and I didn't have good earrings (in fact, I think one of my holes has closed up.)

I know, I'm making excuses. Tammy won. (She's next to me in the picture.)

I was proud of my ponytail, although you can't see the two scrunchies in my hair in this picture. My scalp still hurts. I know a ponytail shouldn't be enough to make my scalp hurt, but I can't figure out what else it could be. I didn't get hit on the head or anything.

The good news is that I took a bunch of my old CDs to Planet Replay and got $20 back. (Thanks for the tip, Elizabeth.) I spent about two hours importing music into my iTunes before I went out there. Most of the music is from the 1990s. I wonder if I'll regret getting rid of the physical CDs. It's a dying medium. But I think the main thing is that I still have the music itself. (They did reject a few for scratches, and I kept a couple of sentimental favorites. So I have some physical CDs left as well.)

I should have done this ages ago. I've been dragging those CDs around for years, and I hardly ever listen to them. And the $20 will be enough for a quality skein of sock yarn, which will take up less space than the CDs.

So now I'm working on a shopping list. It's not an exact list, more of a list of possible projects to keep in mind as I shop.

Some things to consider:
-I need good wool roving and/or a batt to learn to spin.
-I want some wool lace weight for lace knitting.
-I want to knit an entrelac scarf, possibly this one.
-I need nice, but durable and machine washable sock yarn in a fine gauge (I have several in heavier gauges.)
-Jules wants me to knit him some gloves. Green ones.
-I want to make some awesome Latvian Mittens. (or something similar)
-I want to combine different colors of Koigu like they do in my Koigu book.
-I want to finally make Clapotis.

I think there's more, but that's enough for now. I know there's no way I can afford to buy yarn for everything listed.

I can't wait for tomorrow.

1 comment:

SpinalCat said...

I LOVE Knit Picks Essentials sock yarn. It's a regular fingering weight superwash (merino, I think). Really cheap, a lot of nice colors. Actually, I've liked every Knit Picks sock yarn I've tried, even some of the weirder ones.