Saturday, May 17, 2008

FO: Charity Slippers

I know last week I said I'd finish them in the same day, but they didn't get done until last night, at the Potluck at Gauge. I'll have more on that later.

(BTW - Check out Gauge's website. It's been revamped.)

I can now tell you that I used the Toesties pattern by Megan Mills. It was one of several the store had out on charity knitting day.

As I mentioned, I used US size 4 dpns (waaaayyy too small, but I made them work.) I also used a J hook for the crochet border (I doubled the pink yarn) and an E hook for the little rosebuds.

The rosebuds are my own improvised creation. I started by chaining 10, single crocheting ten, then increasing to 20, then to 40. Here is what they look like uncurled:
Then I curled them up and started sewing there wherever they seemed to need sewing. Their a little wonky and uneven, but they work.

Speaking of wonky, I kitchner stitched the back (which is optional in the pattern.) I made some mistakes, but I'm calling it close enough.

As I mentioned before, I think this is Caron Simply Soft, but the yarn had no labels, so there is no way to know for sure. It's a dusty pink and navy blue held together. (The lighting seems to be really off in these pictures, except for the first one, so the colors may look weird.)

These will go to an Austin hospice group, although I don't know exactly which one at this point. Gauge will be collecting charity items for them for a couple of months.

No comments: