Friday, May 2, 2008

Swatching Sunday: Catching Up

I've behind on recording my swatching. Here is what I've done in the last couple of weeks.

All the stitches below are from The New Knitting Stitch Library. I checked it out from the library, and I still have one more Sunday to swatch from it before its due.

This is stitch 225 from the book. I worked on this while the system was down at work on Monday. I wanted to try some edging. I know it's hard to see. This one didn't want to lie flat.

I used cheap acrylic yarn and US size 6 needles from my Boye Needlemaster. This swatch is unwashed and unblocked.

Here are some more swatches out of Queensland Collection Kathmandu Aran. I wanted to see what it looked like in cables and knit-purl patterns.

The cable on the left is stitch 120 from the book. The swatch on the left was knit using stitch 50, the 3D blocks stitch I knit before.

Both of the Katmandu Aran swatches were knit using US size 5 needles from my Boye Needlemaster. These swatches are unwashed and unblocked as of now. I hope to change that when I get my hands on some Soak or some Eucalan.

No comments: