Monday, June 23, 2008

Picture Time - Gauge and more

I just uploaded a bunch of pictures to Flickr, and I decided it was time to share some of them.

Charity Squares at Gauge

While going through storage, Mom found a bunch of squares she had knit and crocheted for afghans that have since been abandoned.I brought them to Gauge on Saturday for their charity projects.

These are crocheted. I had to do some color correction on the white squares, so I'm not sure how accurate the color is here.

These are from a Barbara Walker pattern.

I decided to start with the white knit squares. I tried crocheting them together, and finally decided I could do a neater seam by sewing them together.

Here's how far I got on Saturday. I'm still debating what to do once they're all attached. I'm hoping to make a lap blanket.

Finally, here's a bonus picture of Karli's Hanami, made with Sea Silk. It was too good not to take a picture.



I like turtles.

My sister moved into her first apartment recently, and while I was there I came across the turtle she crocheted for her boyfriend a while back. Look familiar? I know this kid liked it.


WIP: Chunky Striped Scarf

This picture is actually out of date. All I have left to do at this point is weave in the ends and block the scarf. Once I block this, I'm digging into my Malabrigo Silky Merino.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Nice squares, the white ones with all the variety of stitches. Like you, I often find stitching them together is easier then crocheting them; especially if you're trying to make things fit together.

Popped over from Donate a Square on RAV, though I blog here on blogger too.

Did you find a home for your odd squares?

Sandy