Thursday, June 26, 2008

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner

When was the last time you won a prize at your job?

Being in a sales-type environment, we have occasional contests and drawings at work. Today I won the drawing for this lovely piece of luggage. It's sturdier than the bag I took to California. Also, the inside has pockets, and the lining is attached with a zipper so it can be removed.

As one of my former coworkers used to say, winner, winner, chicken dinner.

This evening I watched Lars and the Real Girl. It was a sweet movie, although the ending made me cry. (If I explain why, it will ruin the ending.)

The movie is worth mentioning for the knitting alone. An important prop throughout the movie is the baby blanket his Mom knit for him. (However, they never say knit. They only say "made." But it's obviously knit.) It looks like a feather and fan pattern. He wears it around is neck like a scarf for much of the movie. It made me want to make a baby blanket and wear it like a scarf.

The movie takes place in a cold climate, so there are plenty of hats and scarves that either hand knit or look like they could be hand knit. There is also a great seen where all the ladies from the church bring their knitting to Lars' house.

On another unrelated note, SuperCrafty has almost all of it's merchandise 30% off, including a nice yarn selection. I sometimes read the owner's blog, A Day Late and a Dollar Short, and I saw the sale on there earlier today. It seems unfair that a blog I read for personal finance is tempting me with yarn. Oh, the irony.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I wonder how much yarn you can stash in there?