Wednesday, July 23, 2008

FO: Strangling Vine


After many stops and stops, a lot of procrastinating and even more T-Pins, I finally blocked and finished my Strangling Vine scarf. I unpinned it before Chicks with Sticks at Bluebonnet tonight, so I could take it in for a proper FO photo shoot.

I used US size 2 aluminum circular needles from my Boye Needlemaster and less than one skein of Handmaiden Sea Silk in "Capri." I used more than half the skein, but I still have enough left for a small project.

If you look closely, you can see little irregularities around the edges from the T-pins, but it's not very noticeable. In fact, it looks like I did it on purpose to add some sort of semi-picot edging.

The pattern is free, but the designer asks that you perform a Random Act of Kindness in exchange for using it. For my RAOK, I donated a small amount to the Night of Too Many Stars telethon to benefit the New York Center for Autism. It's a good cause. (And Comedy Central has Jerry Lewis beat when it comes to telethons.)

I hope it stays this well blocked. It stayed pinned down longer than it had to, because I was procrastinating on taking out all those pins.

I got plenty of compliments at Bluebonnet, and Suna even took some pictures for herself.

I can't wait until it gets cold again, so I can actually wear it.


Ceci said...

Pretty!! I love that color.

SpinalCat said...


Wendy said...

That is a beautiful pattern and color!