Thursday, July 24, 2008

Ravelry Party at the Knitting Nest

Isn't it pretty?

Sunday afternoon I went to the Ravelry party at The Knitting Nest. This table of indie goodies met me at the door.

Here is Melissa of Sew Bendy with her nifty project bags.

Unfortunately, my close up of all the beads and scented items ended up blurry, but you can see it here. I also managed to forget the name of the artist/entrepreneur. If it's you, e-mail me.

Of course, there was the first batch of yarn and fiber from Stephanie's Spinning Colors.

You can't have the first "Speckled Plum" batch, though. They're mine. (The very first fingering weight yarns were have less yardage than the future skeins will, so I bought all three. of this colorway.) I think these will make great handwarmers with lots of cables.

Stephanie also brought her wheel, a Louet Julia. Except for the occasional strange sound from the bobbin, it looks great. The double treadle makes it easy to start treadling in the proper direction. (I almost knocked over Mom's wheel while trying to make the wheel spin in the right direction with my foot. My hands were full.) Also, the hooks on the flyer slide up and down, and make it easier to adjust where the yarn winds onto the bobbin.

Hank was pretty mellow most of the time. When I came in, he was on his back, practically begging for a tummy rub. (There's a short video of him here. Of course, he didn't move much when I filmed him.)

I finally got a full picture of the drawing of Dolores that Franklin drew during his visit. I love this detail. (He also worked Hank and the Knitting Nest bird into the drawing.)

After a lot of talking, lemonade, gingerbread cookies and watching Stephanie teach Christina how to spin, it was time to head home.

I'll have some more pictures coming up in a later entry. Until then, you can see all my pictures from the party here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking the store! That video is cool, I've never seen myself spinning before. :)