Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Tour de Fleece Day 4: "Sick" Day

At some point in my childhood, I read a book about a little boy who wanted to be "just sick enough." I don't remember the name. For example, he wanted to be well enough to play with his toys, but too sick to put them away.

I was in that zone today. Too hoarse to make phone calls, the main function of my job. I didn't even bother trying to come in, although I think I should be good to work tomorrow. (And good enough to attend Tom Hanks' birthday party at The Knitting Nest.)

I declared myself too sick to clean, cook or do any significant amount of grocery shopping. But I wasn't too sick to go to the library, grab some noodles at the Asian market, watch One Day at a Time on Hulu and, of course, spin.

I made some progress on the Tour de Fleece. I know it's hard to tell from the picture of the Niddy Noddy, but I really did. I may even do a little more before bed.

After sleeping on it, I decided to name my drop spindle Captain Hook. The Captain Hook from Peter Pan had a hook instead of a hand. My drop spindle has a hook instead of...its original hook. (Click here to read about what happened to my spindle in February.)

In other news, there's a contest over at the Monniblog there is a great contest where you can win knitting, reading or pet related prizes. Go over and say hi.

No comments: