Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy Independence Day

I spent Independence Day with my family and Aaron's (my sister's boyfriend) family. There was brisket, coleslaw, baked beans, potato salad, peach cobbler, a lizard riding a car...

Seriously.

Aaron's enterprising little brothers made this car from an erector set. Spiny, the Bearded Dragon, doesn't seem to mind the ride too much. He's very mellow. (I tried to take a video of it, but it didn't come out.)

Spiny had a hard childhood. He was the runt of the litter, and he lost one of his hands early on. He grew up to be very mellow and sweet.

(In addition to lizard cars, Aaron's little brothers also have a solution to the gas crisis.)

I also had a couple of good crochet sightings.

I saw a couple of these crocheted potholders on the table. When I got out my camera, they got out the whole collection. I'm sure grandma is proud that they are getting used.

I also saw a scrubbie, crocheted out of netting.

After we ate, we saw fireworks. I did the best I did to preserve them in another 15-second masterpiece. We went to St. Edwards, so we weren't right at the action, but the view was better than the video lets on.


Of course, I brought my Knit Lite Knitting Needles and some Patons Twister for my Fourth of July Scarf.

I expect to finish it today.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love lizards.

The fella and I had a lizard riding on his car this morning. It poked its head up as soon as we turned out of the parking lot, and it just kept running around the hood of the car. It was very frustrating, because I wouldn't let the fella drive over 40 mph for fear of killing the dumb lizard, who should have known better in the first place.

Anonymous said...

Spiny's hand was not only 'lost', it was bitten off by one of his siblings. :(