And Saturday was a good day. After I plied my merino I tackled Navajo plying. I think I caught on pretty well. I'm doing it exactly like Rexene, but I found what works for me. (There's another 15-second masterpiece of my plying at a different angle here.)
Here's my bobbin part of the way through the plying. (I was taking a popsicle break.)
Here's a still shot of me Navajo plying.
I'm still using a single wrapped into ball instead of a Lazy Kate. It worked pretty well as long as I kept it in a bowl.
Here is the completed yarn. Once again, the larger bobbins on Mom's Louet saved the day. Mom said all this probably wouldn't have fit on one bobbin on her Ashford.
Next I wound it onto the skein winder.
Then I tied it off.
And here's the completed skein, all wound up.
Of course, none of this would have been possible if we hadn't replaced the
Here are all three skeins that I wound on Saturday. I made yarn!