Monday, July 7, 2008

An HEB stop on the Tour de Fleece

One of my co-workers, who has experience as a voice teacher, told me his remedy of laryngitis over lunch today. He recommended gargling with a solution of water, salt and baking soda. However, he also recommended that "snort" it as well. (Think Neti Pot, only messier and more intense.)

Jules has recommended...all kinds of stuff. He studied Chinese medicine, so he has all sorts of interesting advice. Most of his recommendations have been fairly normal stuff like tea, drinking lots of water, soup, lemon, honey, garlic etc. However, a little while ago he said I should suck on some pickled ginger. (The kind that comes with Sushi.) While I like to eat it, I don't know if I can handle sucking on it. He also asked me if I could find some licorice root. I don't think so. (Although to be fair, I've think licorice root is a common ingredient in many herbal teas.)

There is even more "interesting" stuff online. I don't even want to try to figure out what a "bowel tolerance" of vitamin C is.

I don't have any honey, lemon or baking soda. But what's ultimately getting me to go to HEB this late (after a long nap this evening) is the fact that I'm hungry and I haven't done my post-payday grocery shopping yet. I'm not buying two weeks of groceries tonight, but it would be nice to have something besides Spaghetti Os to eat.

So far, I haven't done any Tour de Fleece spinning today. I might do a little when I get home. Maybe I'll make this my day of rest. I guess it's a good thing I got so far this weekend.

I got the Tour de Fleece group on Ravelry talking about drop spindles. (Ravelry Link.) It made me realize I need to name mine. I'm open to suggestions. I thought about Peter Brady, but I think I need something more meaningful. Or silly. Maybe Ol' Droppy or Ol' Spinny. Or Captain Hook.

No comments: